Selected questions and answer about pet shipping, traveling with pet or relocation with pet. have another question send to us we will answer it shortly..
Is it safe for my pet to fly?
- Air travel is as safe for pets as it is for people.
- Airlines that allow pets in cabin or that ship pets in the main luggage trunk are "pet friendly" and will provide your pets with the best conditions possible.
Can my pet fly with me in the passenger cabin?
- It depends on the airline policy.
- When the airline allows pets in cabin it is relevant only when the pet weights les than 8 kilograms.
Where will my pet be held during the flight?
- Your pet will travel on a cargo deck of the aircraft which is both temperature and pressure controlled. It has the same ventilating system as the passengers' cabin.
Is my pet too old to fly?
- If a veterinary exam determines your pet is healthy, he should have no trouble getting through the flight or quarantine period.
- The certified veterinarians working with us at Terminal4Pets can help you consider the factors and make an informed decision about your pet's ability to travel.
Is my pet too young to fly?
- Typically, young pets can relocate internationally from the age of 4 months, after receiving the rabies vaccination (after a 30 days period).
What type of Flight kennel will my pet travel in?
- The flight kennel must be large enough for a pet to stand up, turn around completely, and lie down in a normal position.
- Only a kennel that meets the international requirements is allowed on the plane.
- Terminal4Pets can help you chose the appropriate kennel for your pet's travel.
- We can also teach you how to "kennel-train" the pet to so that he will be calm throughout the journey.
Will my pet be allowed food and water during the flight?
- Pets should not be fed during the flight but may drink water as much as they like.
What if my pet needs to urinate during the flight?
- Pet diapers are usually used during flights. The travel kennels can also be fitted with absorbent liners.
Will my pet be quarantined upon arrival at destination?
- Some countries have mandatory quarantine, which may last as long as six months.
- However, if your pet arrives without the required vaccinations or certifications, he may be subject to quarantine and that is why it is so important to take care of all pet flights and relocation matters beforehand.
What vaccinations will my pet need?
- It depends on the country of destination. Some vaccinations are required. Other vaccinations are recommended.
- Your pet must have certain vaccinations at least 30 days before relocation, but not more than a year before the flight.